Sunday 4 February 2018

Weekly Recap #22

Hi everyoneIt's just me, Rachel, here this week sharing the last couple of weeks worth of reading and activities, and linking back to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer.


WHAT I READ/REVIEWED
(Click on title for Goodreads link)



A pretty great reading week! UNSUB was soooo good! It got 5 stars from me. I listened to the audio book after seeing that Brandie enjoyed it so much and it did not disappoint! I can't wait for the next book which I've requested.  This Fallen Prey was another 5 star read for me.  The Casey Duncan series just gets better with every book! I'll have my review up for it this coming week. Promise Not to Tell was another win for me.  There was one dud: Kiss the Sky.  It ended up being a DNF just because it was boring me to tears.

BOOKS RECEIVED 
(Click on title for Goodreads link)



I haven't read anything by Lora Leigh before, but as you know I love romantic suspense so I'm taking a chance on Collision Point. I just love Maisey Yate's cowboy romances so I was thrilled to get a copy of Claim Me Cowboy.  I've loved Jenn Bennett's writing even before she started writing Young Adult, so I was happy to get a copy of Starry Eyes. Not happy about it only being available through Adobe Digital Editions, though! I hate that reading option and hate reading books on my computer! Carolyn Brown's romances are a delight.  The Sometimes Sisters sounds more in the Women's Fiction sort of category, but I love the premise.


  WHAT I'M WATCHING:

I watched Sunshine, which was a movie I found from a list of recommended Apocalyptic movies.  I hated it! It was a confusing mess and the ending was awful! What a waste of time. 
I continue to watch The 100 and it continues to amaze me! This series is soooo good! I'm in the middle of Season Two and loving it!

EVENTS OF THE WEEK

Had the baby shower (for a family member) last Saturday and it turned out beautiful! It consumed much of my time outside of work so that's one of the reasons I've been a little scarce around the blogosphere.  I'm trying to catch up now.  
The days are finally getting a little longer and it's not completely dark when I get home so I should be able to get in some runs after work now.  I ran 2 miles yesterday which is the first time I've exercised in weeks! I can't believe it's February because our temps have been in the mid to high 80s with nothing but sunshine.  Doesn't feel normal.  We need more rain for sure! 



How was your week?

13 comments:

Greg said...

I can't WAIT to read This Fallen Prey, glad to hear it was a 5 star. I am loving that series! Starry eyes looks good, sorry to hear it was digital only. :(

The 100 is awesome and ooh season two! Probably my favorite one- I love all the Mt. Weather and LExa stuff. :)

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

I am waiting for Unsub from the library after seeing it on so many blogs recently . Glad you enjoyed it. I got Starry Eyes too and liked it but agree about the PDF. I have the app on my phone to red it but it is still so not user friendly. Yay for a good baby shower!! Have a great week!

Nick said...

Ooh Unsub and Fallen Prey both sound good. I seriously need to read this series by Kelley Armstrong. I just finished reading Starry Eyes and it was wonderful. I'm going to send you a DM about Starry Eyes in just a bit.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy the baby shower and that it was an overall hit. :)
Have a good week ahead, Rachel!

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

Glad you had a lovely baby shower! I hope you have a great week!

Here’s my Sunday Post !

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

The Book Disciple said...

Glad the baby shower went well! Hope you have a great week!

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

Great week! Unsub and This Fallen Prey sound so good! Definitely adding to my TBR! I recently read Sunburn and I think you would love it! ♥

Rachel said...

I'm off to check it out, Eva! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Oh, I LOVE Unsub, and I need to sequel like ASAP. I'm glad to see you gave it 5 stars.

That's great the baby shower went well. I have one coming up in March, so that should be fun!!

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I have to run 4 miles tomorrow, and it snowed today, so it should be interesting. I hope you have a great week and enjoy your new books!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Alyssa said...

Oooo, baby shower! My supervisor at work is pregnant and I hope we will plan a baby shower for her. I love babies. 😁 Happy reading!

Have a great week, Rachel. =)

Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

Karen said...

Ohhh Starry Eyes. Lucky! Sorry about the format though.

I saw Sunshine years ago and I honestly can't remember what I thought of it lol

Karen @ For What It's Worth

Brandie said...

Yay, I'm so glad you loved Unsub, Rachel!! I need to pick up the second book soon. I've heard it's just as good.
I'm glad you were able to get a few miles in yesterday. I'm super jealous of your weather right now. It's 11 degrees and snowy here in Ohio. I'm freezing today! Lol.

Carina Olsen said...

Ahh, so jealous of the heat you have, haha :D It's so cold here. Ugh. Lovely recap Rachel. <3 Glad you are doing great :) Hugs. And ohh, yay for loving This Fallen Prey :D I want to read that series; even though I don't read a lot of adult books, lol. I hope you are having an awesome February :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...